Greetings WRMC Community Members and Families
I would also like to inform you that we have hired an Assistant Administrator for Skilled Nursing, Heather Mordew. Heather started this week and we will be slowly easing her into this new leadership role in Skilled Nursing. Heather is a graduate of Kent State University and has been a licensed nursing home administrator since 2014. We are very excited to have her join the WRMC Team!
I am pleased to say that we have had no new cases of COVID-19 on our campus.
As of today, Medina County remained in the Orange of the State of Ohio’s COVID Advisory Map for 2 weeks. This has allowed us to return to previously established visitation, which is outlined below.
There is still a significant danger in visiting seniors during this pandemic. Allowing visitors is not stating that we feel that it is safe to return to normal practices. Seniors are at a high risk of mortality if COVID-19 is contracted. We hold the right to end visitations at any time should we feel it is in the best interest of the safety our community members.
SKILLED NURSING VISITATION
For Skilled Nursing, the State of Ohio has continued their prohibition of visitors in Nursing Homes.
WRMC is starting an OUTDOOR visit program for Skilled Nursing Residents. These visits will take place at the parking area next to the 2nd floor of the parking deck and will be 15 minutes in length. Our staff will assist the resident via phone or FaceTime so that they can communicate with their loved ones that are standing outside.
MEMORY CARE VISITATION
Memory Care Assisted Living is setting up a WINDOW visit program. These visits will take place on the concrete patio that has been poured the north side of the Memory Care Unit. There is a walkway adjacent to the parking deck that leads directly the Memory Care Connector hallway. Our staff will assist the resident via phone or FaceTime so that they can communicate with their loved ones that are standing outside.
TRADITIONAL ASSISTED LIVING
For Traditional Assisted Living, the State of Ohio has allowed for contactless outside visits. These visits will take place on the Southwest corner of our Chapel, where we have poured a concrete patio. As part of the regulation residents and family members are required to wear a mask and to remain socially distanced. Western Reserve can provide a mask to family members if they do not have one.
If there is non-compliance with any of the protocols future visits will be prohibited. This visit should be contactless as well and will be 15 minutes in length.
Effective Thursday August 20th, 2020 – Independent Living Apartments and Villas are able to resume visitation under the following restrictions.
- All visitors will be screened at the Gatehouse prior to coming on to campus. The screening requires confirmation of the resident’s name and unit number. Each visitor is required to provide a photo i.d., respond to COVID-19 specific questions, a health screening, and a contactless temperature scan. If a potential visitor does not meet screening criteria they will be asked to leave and to follow up with campus administration.
- Visitor Hours are Mon-Fri 9am – 6pm. Weekends from 10am – 5pm.
- Visitors are required to wear masks when inside the facility.
- Visits must take place inside the resident’s apartment/home only. Visitors are not permitted in the commons areas. Outdoor visits are prohibited in Independent Living.
- All visits must stay within the State of Ohio’s order limiting meetings to 10 or less persons and social distancing must be observed.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly.
Jason French, Administrator