BMC Community Members & Families,
We have been waiting patiently for Governor DeWine to update the health orders to address changes in visitation for skilled nursing and assisted livings in the State of Ohio. Today, the 7th Amended Health Order was released and it has allowed for significant changes to how and where visits can take place. In short, we are now able to allow for in-room SCHEDULED, in advance, visitation. The Ohio Department of Health has outlined specific details and protocols that each facility must follow in order to allow in room visitation.
We will be offering in-room visitation on the following days and times, and up to five residents may have visitors at any given available time slot:
|10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3||10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3||10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3|
We are asking Assisted Living families to contact Marissa Dick @ 419-878-1815 to schedule a visit.
We are asking Memory Care families to contact Jesse Shoemaker@ 419-878-1813 to schedule a visit.
Assisted Living, & Memory Visitation Protocol
- All visitors must be able to show valid ID.
- All visitors must go through the entire screening process, which includes standardized COVID and health screening questions.
- ALL VISITS FOR ASSISTED LIVING & MEMORY CARE ARE SCHEDULED 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE BY A BMC MEMBER AND TAKE PLACE IN EACH COMMUNITY MEMBERS ROOM.
- All visitors must come to the resident entrance near pathways.
- Visitors should arrive 10 minutes early in order to ensure the screening and check-in process is completed timely.
- All visitors must wear a well-fitting surgical or medical mask for the duration of the visit. The facility will provide this mask if necessary. Cloth masks are not acceptable.
- Visits will be scheduled for 1 hour.
- A BMC team member will escort visitors before and after each visit to and from the main lobby.
- Only 2 visitors are permitted during a visit. All visitors must be of a level of maturity to be able to adhere to all of the procedures and instructions.
- If a community member is vaccinated, close or physical contact (touch) may be allowed if the resident choses, AND the visitor is wearing a well-fitting facemask.
- Physical contact is not permissible for unvaccinated community members.
It has been a long road to get where we are today. We will continue to have our staff tested for COVID-19 in accordance with the State of Ohio’s protocols. Should a staff or community member test positive and an exposure occurs resulting in a quarantine, we will follow all CMS and ODH guidance in regards to visitation. We will continue to communicate with you should there be any new cases of COVID-19 related to a staff or community member positives.
We are excited about these major changes, and we are not taking them lightly. We understand the importance of being able to make physical connections and in-person visitations. We will do everything we can to ensure the visits take place in as safe as possible way.
We are also opening up the Beauty Shop and Wellness Center for our Villa community members. Villa members will contact Lynn Okonski and schedule appointments. You will come to the front resident entrance and check in then proceed directly to the Beauty Shop. When appointment is over resident will need to exit the building immediately. If Villa residents would like to sign up to use the Wellness Center, you will contact Marissa Dick to schedule a time M-F between 10a-4pm for a one hour time slot. Villa residents must use the gym alone, and enter and exit the building as mentioned above.
We recently announced some changes that are taking place with the leadership team. Jennifer Stacy our Director of Health Services is moving. Unfortunately, for BMC her new home is far enough away that she is unable to continue on with BMC. We wish her success in her future endeavors.
Molly Good our Community Relations and Sales Manager has taken an opportunity to advance her career by taking a role that will allow to oversee multiple facilities marketing efforts. Molly has been an integral part of our BMC family for nearly 3 years. We wish her nothing but the best as she takes this step in her career.
With these two ladies moving on from BMC, we have big shoes to fill. The OMH team will continue to support BMC through these transition. Just as I have been filling the Executive Director role, Karra Weil will be the interim leader of our clinical team. Karra has been working directly with Jen Stacy and our clinical team since January of this year. She will be in this role until our new clinical leader is on-boarded and will continue to support the BMC thereafter.
Our search for a new Executive Director is winding down, when we are able to we will make a formal announcement.
As time moves on our team and community members will change but the culture of Browning will continue on. There have been many changes happening at BMC. It is our intention to continue to meet the high standards of service delivery we have set for ourselves and that our community members expect. Browning is more than any one team member or individual. Browning is a place made of amazing residents and caring team members and who we are as a community will remain for years to come.
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your lives, it is truly an honor. Should you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me directly.
Jason French – Interim Executive Director