WRMC Family Community Members & Families,
We have been waiting patiently for Governor DeWine to update the health orders to address changes in visitation for skilled nursing and assisted livings in the State of Ohio. Today, the 7th Amended Health Order was released and it has allowed for significant changes to how and where visits can take place. In short, we are now able to allow for in-room SCHEDULED, in advance, visitation. The Ohio Department of Health has outlined specific details and protocols that each facility must follow in order to allow in room visitation.
In Room Visitation will start on 3/3021. We will be offering in-room visitation on the following days and times, and up to five residents may have visitors at any given available time slot:
We are asking Skilled Nursing & Assisted Living families to contact Sue Duplaga @ 330-721-3258 to schedule a visit.
Memory Care families, are being scheduled separately from above schedule, we are asking families to contact the day shift nurse to schedule a visit @ 330-721-3200.
Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, & Memory Visitation Protocol
- All visitors must be able to show valid ID.
- All visitors must go through the entire screening process, which includes standardized COVID and health screening questions.
- ALL VISITS FOR ASSISTED LIVING, SKILLED NURSING, & MEMORY CARE ARE SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE BY A WRMC TEAM MEMBER AND TAKE PLACE IN EACH COMMUNITY MEMBERS ROOM.
- All visitors must come to the main lobby entrance in the center of building 4 on the pond side of the facility.
- Visitors should arrive 15 minutes early in order to ensure the screening and check-in process is completed timely.
- All visitors must wear a well-fitting surgical or medical mask for the duration of the visit. The facility will provide this mask if necessary. Cloth masks are not acceptable.
- Visits will be scheduled for 1 hour.
- A WRMC team member will escort visitors before and after each visit to and from the main lobby.
- Only 2 visitors are permitted during a visit. All visitors must be of a level of maturity to be able to adhere to all of the procedures and instructions.
- If a community member is vaccinated, close or physical contact (touch) may be allowed if the resident choses, AND the visitor is wearing a well-fitting facemask.
- Physical contact is not permissible for unvaccinated community members.
It has been a long road to get where we are today. We will continue to have our staff tested for COVID-19 in accordance with the State of Ohio’s protocols. Should a staff or community member test positive and an exposure occurs resulting in a quarantine, we will follow all CMS and ODH guidance in regards to visitation. We will continue to communicate with you should there be any new cases of COVID-19 related to a staff or community member positives.
As a reminder Independent Living Visitation is as follows.
- Visitor Hours are Mon-Fri 9am – 6pm. Weekends from 10am – 5pm.
- Visitors are required to wear masks when inside the facility.
Visits must take place inside the resident’s apartment/home only.
We are excited about these major changes, and we are not taking them lightly. We understand the importance of being able to make physical connections and in-person visitations. We will do everything we can to ensure the visits take place in as safe as possible way.
Should you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me directly.
Jason French, President