Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Are you looking to find a new job where you can put your leadership skills to work?
Then Browning Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age how they want and where they want. Come join us on our journey!
Browning Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an exceptional Manager of Maintenance and Facilities,to work full time and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Accountable for maintaining safe and fully functional mechanical components, machinery and other building equipment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to diagnosing, repairing, or replacing parts or entire mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, HVAC, automotive, refrigeration equipment, alarm, telephone, nurse call, or communication equipment. Responsible for general maintenance of buildings, including laundry, commercial kitchen, and lift pump station equipment. Accountable to maintain building(s) structures and grounds in optimal condition. Serves as the campus Life Safety Officer. Includes but not limited to Fire & Disaster drills, MSDS recorders, OSHA safety compliance.Is part of the community’s leadership team and represents BMC in a professional and customer oriented manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Works closely with corporate president for planning and execution of all capital projects; proposed new capital projects
- Follows most current company procurement processes for all purchasing within the engineering department.
- Ensures that projects in process are monitored carefully so that they may completed on time and within budget
- Communicates timely and fully with residents, staff and others as appropriate who are impacted by capital projects, repairs, replacements or other activities of the engineering department. Follow up with same to ensure work completed by the department is satisfactory.
- Develops and manages department annual operating budget. Ensures that department operates within allocated expenses for the department.
- Directs, coaches and holds accountable for performance the duties of assigned direct report(s). Engineering Manager is ultimately responsible for the work output of assigned subordinates.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the organization and all federal and state laws regarding the privacy of protected health information.
- Works with campus president to establish procedures and standards for the department and community as it relates to responsibilities of the engineering department.
- Serves as the community’s Life Safety Officer to ensure employees/residents are trained to comply with all ODH, Fire, and MSDS rules affecting the campus. Responsible for regulatory compliance with ODH, OHSA; Federal/State/ Local building codes applicable to campus.
- Maintain complete records and drawings of engineering related documents
- Manager or designee required to be accessible 24 hours a day, by phone and respond as required to off hours critical and or emergency issues
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school in related field; or at least two years of relevant maintenance engineering experience that includes supervisory experience. Working knowledge of and demonstrated application of regulatory compliance associated with a Residential Care Facility and or a Skilled Nursing Facility environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Appropriate certifications and/or licenses as required by state or federal regulatory agencies for the skilled trade(s) held by the individual. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable under OMH requirements.
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs paid at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and a $5,000 tuition reimbursement program,among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you today!
We require a drug screen, background check and physical, to ensure we hire only the best!