Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Are you looking for a great opportunity, with the ability to have fun at work?
Then Western Reserve Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Western Reserve Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for a full-time Activities Assistant, and it could be YOU!
So, what would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Acts as Activities Supervisor to planning and implementing programs of activities on both an individual and group basis for Independent residents of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as required.
- Develops and organizes an activity program designed to meet the interests, physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of the residents of the patio homes and the independent apartments.
- Responsible for acquiring supplies and equipment to successfully implement planned programs,
- Assemble necessary supplies and equipment and carry out scheduled programs at time and location stated.
- Clean up area after completion of programs. Restore Furniture to original arrangement with support of housekeeping.
- Assists and supervises residents in planned daily activities.
- Post monthly activities and events at proper locations.
- Maintains a friendly, respectful and helpful attitude toward residents, families, staff volunteers, and visitors.
- Knows and respects “resident rights” at all times, including maintaining confidentiality of resident information, as well as departmental information.
- Attends department meetings and facility in-services as directed.
- Attends workshops and seminars as approved to improve job skills.
- Follows facility dress policies.
- Drives facility vehicles to transport residents to and from scheduled activity functions on and off the grounds of the campus.
- Performs other related duties as assigned consistent with experience and department needs.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the organization and all federal and state laws regarding the privacy of protected health information.
- Post monthly activities and events in proper locations as well as on campus bulletin boards along with the newsletter.
- Maintains a friendly, respectful and helpful attitude towards residents, families, staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Prepares & edits and publishes campus newsletter on a monthly bases.
- Supports Marketing by setting up annual Concert Series along with Lecture Series.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A. D.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES – LICENSES – REGISTRATIONS:
36-hour Therapeutic Activity Director Course
90-hour Basic Activity Director’s course preferred
Must have valid Ohio Drivers License and be insurable by the Ohio Masonic Home’s insurance carrier.
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative meds covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation w/ a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and a generous $5,000 tuition reimbursement program among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you TODAY!