Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Are you looking for an opportunity to earn money while having fun with our fantastic residents?
Then Browning Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Browning Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an outstanding Activities Assistant to work part-time (16 hours per week with a weekend and holiday rotation), and it could be YOU!
So, what would your job entail?
Assists the Executive Director and Life Enrichment staff in planning and implementing programs of activities on both an individual and group basis for residents of the facility. Responsible for documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as required.
- Develops and organizes an activity program designed to meet the interests, physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of the residents on the unit or units assigned.
- Assists and supervises residents in planned daily activities.
- Invites, encourages, and helps transport residents to planned activities both on the assigned unit or units as well as to large group activities planned for the entire facility.
- Assists in the planning and participates in resident outings and/or activities as requested by the Executive Director, also assists other activity staff in tasks necessary to meet the needs of the department.
- Assists in planning monthly campus program schedule and evaluates outcome, sharing this information with the Executive Director.
- Drives facility vehicles to transport residents to and from scheduled activity functions on and off the grounds of the campus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent; Prior activities experience with dementia population is a plus!
CERTIFICATES – LICENSES – REGISTRATIONS:
Must have valid Ohio Drivers License and be insurable by the Ohio Masonic Home’s insurance carrier.
Some weekend and evening hours are required, as well as some variance in weekly schedule, as determined by the Executive Director. Must possess a positive attitude, patience, and understanding about working with the elderly.
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those who qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and an outstanding $5,000 education assistance program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you today!