Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Are you tired of inconsistent hours and late nights?
Then Browning Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Browning Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Cook to work full-time or part-time days, and it could be YOU!
So, what would your job entail?
Assists in the preparation of meals according to planned menus and snacks using HACCP guidelines. Able to use commercial kitchen equipment. Have basic knowledge of different diets and restrictions and liquid consistencies or be willing to learn. Assists with cleaning dishes. Complete daily cleaning assignments, bus tables, deliver meals, maintain stock.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews menu and assembles food supplies and equipment for daily production.
- Serve meals and drinks to residents throughout the building.
- Prepare a variety of foods according to recipes, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers’ orders and supervisors instructions, following approved. procedures and regulations, sometimes using electric appliances and kitchen equipment in the prep process.
- Utilizes all kitchen equipment including kettles, ovens, deep fryers, pressure steamers, warmers, refrigerators, freezers, etc.
- Follows proper HACCP cooling and cleaning procedures.
- Stock and rotates all food items for freshness, labeling and dating items for storage to prevent spoilage.
- Take and record temp of food and food storage areas according to policy and regulations.
- All cleaning duties as seen needed or directed including emptying trash, doing dishes, and cleaning dining areas throughout the building.
- Attend department and facility in services as required.
- Will be required to work with residents in various stages of memory loss, will also require additional training to help with tools in working with this type of population.
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those who qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and an outstanding $5,000 education assistance program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you today!