Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Do you want to bring your leadership skills to a wonderful community?
Then Browning Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Browning Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for a full time Assistant Director of Health Services, and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Adheres to Ohio health and assisted living regulations. Adheres to the mission of OMH and all organizational policies. Works beside the Director of Health Services to provide leadership, direction and coaching of the clinical care team through excellent recruiting, hiring and training efforts. Ensures high quality care and well-being of our RCF residents and is an integral part of the clinical leadership team. Available to communicate 24/7 with team. Occasional direct care support / services as floor LPN or RA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedule staffing to ensure building has sufficient staffing of Resident Assistants (RA) and LPN nurses on duty to meet the needs of residents and the community,
- Recruit, orient / train, and assign duties to each RA and LPN under your direct supervision in order to provide high quality personal care and environmental services. Approve hours worked for direct reports in payroll system.
- Take call off notice and secure replacement RAs or LPNs as necessary assisting with primary care and or RA services as necessary to meet resident needs.
- Coach, evaluate, recognize and discipline your team as needed to maintain OMH standards and expectations; highest quality nursing standards; full compliance with PCC utilization (incident reports, UDAs, ADTs etc.)
- Review nursing and RA documentation each work day for accuracy and completes.
- Assists with primary care and or RA services as necessary to meet resident needs.
- Collaborates with DOHS to organize and ensure that monthly in-services and training are conducted with your team so that team is fully trained to provide high quality care and document those services via PCC.
- Communicates promptly and thoughtfully with residents, families, physicians, team members to coordinate services to ensure best outcomes for residents and community. Including attending family meetings.
- Monitor PCC dashboards and take action keep current/accurate PCC data; input ADT data for unit residents. Monitor and follow up on all incidents and accidents.
- Conducts assessments (on or off site) of potential move-ins to unit.
- Orders routine supplies for unit.
- Communicate daily with Director of Health Services on all conditions within your assigned area. Identify issues and resource needs and keep Executive Director informed of matters that might impact the community from a regulatory or liability perspective and or matters not addressed by the Director of Health Services within a reasonable period of time.
- Professional networking as a liaison between the community and the campus to promote BMC in a positive manor within the community.
- Assist in ensuring clinical team’s compliance with Residential Care Regulation, certificates and required education of team, compliance with OMH policy and procedure and BMC performance standards in the RCF environment.
- Works closely with the DOHS to assist in managing the operational budget for the clinical teams.
- Audit nursing documentation for accuracy and completeness and report findings to ED and Chief Clinical Officer.
- Supervise, address, all conflict resolution with Employees, Residents, and Families. Providing exemplary leadership in all aspects of the community.
- Attend all Nursing council and PCC trainings as directed by Chief Clinical Officer. This may include offsite conferences that would require out of town/overnight travel.
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative meds covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation w/ a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and a generous $5,000 tuition reimbursement program among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.