Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives?
Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you! We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an outstanding Chaplain, and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Develops and implements the provision of spiritual/pastoral care services, primarily for the residents and secondarily for the families and employees of Springfield Masonic Community
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plans and coordinates provision of worship services to meet the needs of all residents and provide a means for residents of all denominations to exercise their right to religious observance.
2. Monitors PCC progress notes and responds appropriately to needs of residents.
3. Maintains an effective system of notifying residents and The Ohio Masonic Home staff of scheduled programming. Emails monthly schedule to Direct Supervisor,Life Enrichment, and worship schedule to SMC TV volunteer.
4. Provides spiritual consultation for resident care planning through attendance at interdisciplinary care conferences, as invited.
5. Develops and implements a program of spiritual counseling and guidance for all residents and their families, and employees.
6. Reports programming goals, objectives,and evaluations of current programs to Direct Supervisor at Springfield Masonic Community on a regular and consistent basis.
7. Develops and revises Springfield Masonic Community pastoral care policies and procedures as requested.
8. Provides visitation to new campus residents upon admission and as requested on a referral basis.
9. Visits residents in area hospitals,especially SMC, establishing relationships with SMC Chaplains.
10. Conducts Sunday Chapel services or secures other worship leadership. Transfers weekly chapel offerings to the Springfield Masonic Community Business Office for processing.
11. Is available for on-call duties as requested.
12. Leads Bible studies and other devotional and spiritual activities for residents or arranges resident volunteers or volunteers from area faith communities to facilitate/lead these.
13. Offers sacramental ministry to residents as requested (in collaboration with other area clergy.
14. Attends the daily Morning Report meeting in the SMC Conference Room, Monday through Friday. Provides devotion, insight, or prayer for staff prior end of meeting.
15. Oversees the work of the Pastoral Care Volunteer Secretary and Chapel Organist.
16. Conducts funerals, memorial services,and yearly 1st Sunday of November remembrance services. May conduct weddings for residents.
17. Orders grave markers for residents who are buried in the Ohio Masonic Home cemetery and coordinates with the Grounds Supervisor for their setting. Assists in cemetery record keeping collaborating with the Engineering department.
18. Coordinates or assists in planning worship services that are conducted by Masonic Family organizations on the campus of The Ohio Masonic Home with the OMH Community Outreach Manager.
19. Provides for the repair and maintenance of all campus pianos and organs, especially the instruments located in the chapel and auditorium.
20. Maintains basic requirements for updating certification and licensure, if applicable.
21. Participates in continuing educations programs and professional organizations in order to remain current with contemporary practice.
22. Maintains good working relationship with community clergy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Master’s degree(M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training;or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES,LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Graduate of a theological school, Ordained minister. Has successfully completed at least one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those who qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative medications covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and a $5,000 education assistance program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you TODAY!