Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Are you tired of the restaurant hours where you work presently? Are you looking for an employer that values YOU by offering great benefits, generous education assistance, early wage access, and a chance to win a NEW CAR? (That’s right, we have a yearly New Car Giveaway for qualified employees!)
Then Browning Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you! We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Browning Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for a full-time Cook to work 7am – 1pm and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of routine tasks and operations to prepare and cook food items as assigned for meal service. Follows standard practices and procedures in compliance with regulatory agency/health department requirements and HACCP standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews menu and assembles food supplies and equipment for daily production.
- Follows recipes and Comtrak production sheets to complete preparation of assigned menu items.
- Bakes,roasts, broils and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods, adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperatures of equipment in accordance with recipe and standards.
- Utilizes all kitchen equipment including kettles, ovens, deep fryers, pressure steamers,etc.
- Follows proper HACCP cooling and cleaning procedures.
- Rotates all food items for freshness, labeling and dating items for storage.
- All cleaning duties as seen needed or directed
- Attend department and facility in services as required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with short-order cooking in a fast paced environment preferred.
- Knowledge of food and food production, ability to cook in commercial kitchen, knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Need to be flexible, organized and professional
- ServSafe certification or equivalent food service sanitation certification preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The Ohio Masonic Home offers a full complement of benefits for those that qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a matching contribution, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance benefits and a generous $5,000 education assistance program, among others.
We look forward to hearing from you, TODAY!