Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Are you ready to get out of the crazy restaurant business?
Then Western Reserve Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
Western Reserve Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for FT Cook (some weekend hours required) and it could be YOU!
What would your job entail?
This position prepares hot foods for our wonderful residents’ meals, daily specials and special events. Determines quantity of food items to prepare and ensures that temperatures, appearance, portion control and quality are in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares bulk foods for cooking
- Cooks food on commercial kitchen equipment, using such cooking processes as baking, frying, sauté, boiling and grilling using standardized recipes.
- Assist with and prepare caterings items on a regular basis.
- Determines quantity of food items to prepare by following production sheets and menus.
- Regular cleaning of production area and kitchen equipment.
- Ensures that temperatures, appearance, portion control and quality in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with short-order cooking in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Knowledge of food and food production, ability to cook in commercial kitchen, knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Need to be flexible, organized and professional
- ServSafe certification or equivalent food service sanitation certification preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The Ohio Masonic Home offers a full complement of benefits for those that qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a matching contribution, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance benefits and a generous $5,000 tuition reimbursement program, among others.
We look forward to hearing from you today!