Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Would you like to put your compassionate leadership skills to work for a wonderful organization?
Then Browning Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
Browning Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an exceptional Director of Clinical Services, and it could be YOU!
What would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Adheres to Ohio health and assisted living regulations. Adheres to the mission of OMH and all organizational policies. Provide leadership to the clinical team; direction and coaching to the nurse supervisors; ensure RNs, LPNs and RAs are fully trained to care (and document this care) for campus residents. As overall leader of the clinical team, represents campus in all meetings involving residents, family, community and corporate dealings (including PCC). Available to communicate 24/7 with team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure clinical team’s compliance with Residential Care Regulation, certificates and required education of team, compliance with OMH policy and procedure and BMC performance standards in the RCF environment.
- Hold Unit Manager accountable for ensuring good nursing practice in the discharge of care duties with BMC residents. Conducts annual performance evaluations on Unit Manager. Participates in reviews of floor RNs, LPNs. Monitor PCC Dashboards and attends to alerts (flags); ensure implementation by clinical team of all modules assigned to Assisted Living. Participate in all PCC clinical calls as scheduled.
- Follow up and track all incident and accident reports.
- Manage all other aspects of the clinical department, review nursing documentation; ensure the team is fully resourced to provide highest quality care by nurses and RAs.
- Ensure that the adequate staffing is in place to meet the needs of residents, working with Executive Director to fiscally manage within the operating budget for clinical team. Monitor the ordering of supplies by Unit Manager and hold them accountable for staying within budget. Approve all invoices and create and maintain yearly budget for the Nursing Department.
- Approve hours in payroll system for Unit Manager and nursing staff.
- Ensure nurses and RAs are meeting OMH expectations for use of tools and resources including PCC in the performance of their duties
- Ensure that Unit Manager is conducting team meetings and that continuing education is completed on time and as needed. Coordinate new hire orientation process and participate in the process. This includes but is not limited to dementia training, PCC training, CPR/first aid, orientation of new hires and performance reviews.
- Ensure that resident assessments are completed as per policy and tier changes have been communicated to resident, family and the business office.
- Communicate weekly with the ED on conditions within the department and recommend changes or adjustment to policies or procedures to improve performance of the team and advance quality of care and services for the residents.
- Audit nursing documentation for accuracy and completeness and report findings to ED and Chief Clinical Officer.
- Ensure reporting of incidents and accidents as per OMH policy.
- Provide exemplary leadership to nurse supervisors and clinical team.
- Ensure monthly family meetings are being held with appropriate follow up to any concerns.
- Supervise, address, all conflict resolution with Employees, Residents, and Families.
- Schedule staffing taking call off notice when necessary and securing replacement RAs or LPN’s when needed.
- Assists with primary car and or RA services as necessary to meet resident needs.
- Communicates promptly and thoughtfully with residents, families, physicians, team members to coordinate services to ensure best outcomes for residents and community.
- Attend all Nursing council and PCC trainings as directed by Chief Clinical Officer.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises the Unit Manager of Assisted Living and ultimately their assigned team of nurses and nursing assistants, as well as acts as the direct supervisor of the Pathways unit nurses and nursing assistants. In accordance with company objectives, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Also includes assigning, and directing work; appraising staff performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have graduated from accredited school of Practical Nursing Or Registered Nursing
- 5 or more years nursing experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity in a direct care setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have and maintain a current LPN license or Registered Nurse License from the Ohio Board of Nursing and a pharmacology card from either N.A.P.N.E.S. or O.O.P.N.E.S. or an O.B.N. card
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, with many preventative medications covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a rich match, generous PTO, Life Insurance benefits and a $5,000 tuition reimbursement program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We require a drug screen, background check and physical, to ensure we hire only the best employees for our team!
We look forward to hearing from you today!