Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives?
Are you a LSW with great Leadership qualities? Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for a compassionate Director of Social Services, and it could be YOU!
SUMMARY: To enhance the general well-being of the residents by addressing social needs of residents, advocating and educating residents and employees of the Residents’ Bill of Rights, acting as a liaison between families, residents, and employees for complaints, concerns, requests, and information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in OMH Facility Committees:
- Attends Morning Stand-up daily
- Weekly Utilization Review meetings
- Coordinates and facilitates:
- Monthly Resident Council meetings
- Resident Grievance Committee meetings
- Quarterly family meetings
- Grief and loss programs for residents
- Behavior Meetings
- Visits residents and provides counseling for well being
- Investigates complaints ignited by residents, family, staff, or advocacy/regulatory agencies
- Assists residents with adjustment period
- Assists with LOC moves
- Counsels residents for crisis intervention
- Attends resident care plans
- Provides and maintains resident advance directives
- Maintains Social Services required documentation and PCC
- Prepares and controls department budgets; quarterly CQI Reports; quarterly Board Reports
- Conducts annual mandatory in-service to employees on Residents’ Rights; provides new employee orientation on Residents’ Rights, HIPAA and Corporate Compliance.
- Assists with response to surveys
- Attends professional education workshops to maintain license
- Oversees Pastoral Care
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the organization and all federal and state laws regarding the privacy of protected health information.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises social workers and pastoral care team members. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have valid license from State of Ohio Counselor and Social Worker Board
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those who qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and an outstanding $5,000 tuition reimbursement program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you today!