Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives?
Do you have exceptional leadership skills in the kitchen?
Then Western Reserve Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age how they want and where they want. Come join us on our journey!
Western Reserve Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an Executive Chef, and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Oversee everything that goes out of the kitchen ensuring that quality culinary dishes are being served efficiently. Lead, train and inspire the back kitchen staff (cooks, dishwashers etc.). Manage customer relations to ensure they receive an extraordinary food quality experience for residents, family members, guest and catered events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for planning menus (consult with Dietician –where necessary – to ensure meals comply with physician orders and nutritional goals); developing new recipes, having written standard recipes, ordering and inventory maintenance of food and kitchen supplies in accordance with operating food budget.
- Responsible to hiring, training, scheduling and support of cooks and all food prep workers, dish washers and other kitchen employees.
- Responsible for the preparation of all food; will delegate and coordinating the activities of cooks; determining the best presentation of food and ensuring exceptional quality of each meal
- Supervise the kitchen during dinner hours and special events; may also help prepare meals in the kitchen
- As the face of the Dining Department, maintain excellent relationships with residents seeking their input and comment on food matters; understand their expectations. Participate in community outreach via off campus events such as Farmers Markets, Chamber, etc. in conjunction with the General Manager and Marketing Department.
- Develop new culinary programs that advance the quality, variety and presentation of food service. Train and mentor the production team on these new programs.
- Identify any problems that arise in the kitchen and resolve them quickly
- Participate in evaluation of, selection and engagement of food service related contract negotiations.
- Have regular meetings with General Manager to update on successes and improvements for food, service and operations.
- Inspect and ensure that all kitchen equipment is clean, fully functional including but not limited to safety, temperature and sanitation at all times.
- Complete other administrative tasks such as procurements procedures in accordance with company policy.
- Operate all facets of the kitchen in full compliance with all safety and sanitation regulations governing WRMC in the preparation, maintenance and disposal of food and related food items. Adhere to all department and company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ensure the culture and values of the Ohio Masonic Home are instilled and thriving within the department.
Directly supervises the Back of House Staff – Cooks and Dishwashers.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities such as directing, coaching, disciplining and terminations in accordance with the organization’s policies/procedures and applicable local, state and federal laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate/Degree from an accredited culinary program or extensive culinary supervisory experience.
- Six – eight years of progressive culinary supervisory experience in a high volume fast paced restaurant or caterer required.
- Experience in managing a food service budget and inventory system.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certified Dietary Manager Certificate preferred; willing to train.
ServSafe certified or equivalent sanitation certification preferred; willing to train
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to operate all types of kitchen equipment
Ability to perform large scale food preparation duties
Possess good people skills for all levels of interpersonal interaction
Show excellent verbal and written communication skills
Possess intermediate computer literacy and operational skills
Works well under pressure and adapts well to changing priorities
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those who qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and an outstanding $5,000 tuition reimbursement program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.