Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Are you ready to work for a wonderful team that values YOU?
Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you! We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for a FT Floor Technician, and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Cleans and maintains assigned area(s) in a sanitary, orderly, & attractive condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clean and maintain all tile floors using a buffing machine and or scrubber.
- Clean and sanitize all carpet in the SMC buildings using a carpet cleaner and scrubber.
- Responsible for all equipment including cleaning and maintenance.
- Transports furniture from one room/building to another as needed.
- On weekends that the staff member works they are responsible for cleaning bathrooms, hallways and emptying trash in designated areas.
- Track and submit orders to the supervisor for al floor cleaning chemicals.
- Observes for maintenance needs and notifies supervisor.
- Must be able to complete work with limited supervision.
- Must adhere to all safety and health procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, talk or hear, and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Must hand operate electro-mechanical floor scrubbers, polishers, and buffers in addition to mops and other manual floor care equipment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Less than high school education. Two or more years of tile and carpet floor care preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The Ohio Masonic Home offers a full complement of benefits for those that qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a matching contribution, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance benefits and a generous $5,000 tuition reimbursement program, among others.
We look forward to hearing from you, TODAY!