Are you a person who loves to work outside, keeping beautiful spaces, well…. beautiful??
Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for customer focused Grounds Workers, to work BOTH permanent & seasonal positions, and it could be YOU!
So, what would your job entail?
Maintains grounds, landscaping, roads, sidewalks, lots, and cemetery of The Ohio Masonic Home.
- Mows, trims, and edges grass area
- Plants grass, trees, shrubs, and flower beds
- Opens and closes cemetery grave sites and acts as pall bearer
- Prunes shrubs, trees, and evergreens
- Applies insecticides, herbicides, and fertilizers
- Removes leaves and litter from grounds
- Removes snow and ice from roads and sidewalks (On call for evenings & weekends)
- Repairs fences, gates, walls
- Concrete work.
- Pavement, street, and utility work.
- Makes minor repairs on grounds equipment
- Operates lawn mowers, snow blowers, chain saw, leaf blowers, tractor, back hoe, skid steer, and other associated equipment.
- Assists maintenance mechanics when time allows
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Ohio Driver’s License and insurable by OMH policy in order to operate trucks.
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits to those that qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 403(b) plan participation, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and tuition assistance among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you TODAY!