Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Are you looking for a great position with a weekend schedule? Are you ready to work for a wonderful team that values YOU?
Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you! We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an outstanding Guest Services Assistant to work On Call/As Needed, and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
Provides efficient and effective communications service to administrative staff and residents of The Ohio Masonic Home and Springfield Masonic Community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers phones and offers assistance to visitors.
- Takes visitors, if possible, to their destination.
- Assists transportation with communications for pick up and return of residents to affect efficient physician transportation.
- Posts items on SMC TV, such as the Community Center menus and Campus events.
- Maintains a friendly, respectful and helpful attitude toward residents, families, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Knows and respects “resident rights” at all times, including maintaining confidentiality of resident information, as well as departmental information.
- Dispatches orders, messages, or instructions to personnel using facility’s radio and other communications equipment
- Monitors A-1, Honeywell, Northwest, door alarms, pendant and pull system, severe weather warning equipment and other such transmitters or devices and communicates with Security and Department Supervisors and activate alert systems as directed.
- Maintains current and accurate list of all residents and staff for call transfers
- Maintains familiarity with pertinent FCC regulations and allows access to communication center equipment, logs, and records to properly identified FCC inspectors
- Complies with all communications aspects of disaster or emergency procedures
- Completes log of all dispatches and phone calls
- Conducts radio checks with Security every 60 minutes
- Prepares phone-o-gram and notifies department when an employee calls off duty
- Upon death of resident completes “Notice of Death” phone-o-grams for Housekeeping and Dietary
- Supports Channel 5 communication.
- Any other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school; or 6 months-1 year related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Proficient in computer applications, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher Microsoft Excel and Marketing Database
Ability to use other office equipment, such as fax, copier, calculator
Ability to work in fast-paced, stressful environment.
Ability to understand and communicate with elderly community.
Must be calm in stressful or emergency situations.
Must have clear, pleasant, and professional phone voice.
Excellent customer service skills required.
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those who qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative medications covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and a $5,000 education assistance program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you TODAY!