Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives?
Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age how they want and where they want. Come join us on our journey!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community. We are looking for an outstanding Laundry Aide, to work full time, and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Sorts, folds, loads, and unloads clothing to/from laundry equipment to provide clean linens and personal clothing for residents
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Shakes out clean linen and prepares for hang-ups and folding
- Folds dried clothing from dryer
- Separates personal clothing according to names and delivers to residents
- Places folded linen/clothing in baskets or hangs up on hangers or racks
- Loads/unloads articles from dryers
- Sorts soiled personal and facility linen. Checks all pockets
- Cleans around work areas, including cleaning equipment, and mopping floors
- Prepares linen carts for delivery or helps to prepare carts
- Delivers flat linen when needed
- Prepares special orders when they are called in (Rehab, Nurse training, etc.)
- Load and Unload washers
- Keeps track of linen in circulation and distributes if necessary
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the organization and all federal and state laws regarding the privacy of protected health information
- May be required to drive the laundry truck and operate truck lift and move clean and soiled linens.
- Empty the soiled linen chutes and push soiled linen cart to soiled laundry room
- Checks all dryer vents and logs date, time and name
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
No prior experience or training. Just great customer service skills!
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits to those that qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance, with many preventative medications covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and tuition reimbursement among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.