Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Do you want to work for an employer who cares about YOU?
Then Western Reserve Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
Western Reserve Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an experienced LPN, and it could be YOU!
So, what would your job entail?
You would follow Ohio State Health laws and assisted living standards and policies to provide customer-focused medical treatment and personal care services to our incredible residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides exemplary care to each and every resident
- Assigns Nursing Assistants duties and evaluates progress of nursing assistants, resident assistants, and universal workers
- Takes and records patients’ vital signs. Dresses wounds, gives enemas, douches
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to supervisor
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, and documents in medication administration records
- Assembles and uses such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen suppliers
- Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from patients for testing
- Records food and fluid intake and output as needed
- Answers patients’ calls
- Inventories and requisitions supplies
- Attends in-services and nurses meetings as required
- Assists family members as needed; notifies families of condition changes when necessary
- Notifies appropriate physician of problems and needs of residents.
- Maintains good communication with other departments
- Assists with primary care as assigned, i.e., bathes, dresses and assists patients in walking and turning
- Works and communicates with interdisciplinary team
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the organization and all federal and state laws regarding the privacy of protected health information.
- Fire alarm first responder
Must have a current LPN license from the Ohio Board of Nursing and a pharmacology card from either N.A.P.N.E.S. or O.O.P.N.E.S. or an O.B.N. card.
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those who qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and an outstanding $5,000 education assistance program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you today!