Ohio Leading Age – Excellence in the Workplace Award Winner!
Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Are you looking for a leadership opportunity with an employer that values YOU?
Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an outstanding Charge Nurse to work full time in Assisted Living (Mon- Fri, 7 PM – 3 AM), and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Organizes, directs, and supervises nursing personnel to provide for the general care and well being of residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with scheduling adequate assignment of staff to assume safe delivery of services.
- Review labs, x-ray reports and assume communication with physician, residents and facility.
- Clinical rounds on units 2-3x per shift (including audits)
- Clinical observation on resident that have incidents for 72 hour, change in condition, family concerns. Provide documentation and appropriate intervention.
- Distribute memos as needed
- Accepts and manages pharmacy deliveries of emergency drugs or meds as needed
- Handle ”emergency” situations
- Complete staff evaluations as assigned.
- Coaching of staff to assume quality services.
- Provide resident care as needed.
- Medication administration and/or treatments.
- Contact staff for chart audit corrections
- Assist unit staff as needed with death procedure
- Communicate with on-shift supervisors and ADON.
- Conduct nursing meetings as needed.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the organization and all federal and state laws regarding the privacy of protected health information.
Directly supervises 35 to 45 nursing employees on the shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performances; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must have graduated from accredited school of Nursing.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be Licensed Practical Nurse Active in the State of Ohio.
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those that qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance, with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and a generous $5,000 education assistance program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you TODAY!