Are you a person with an Ohio Peace Officer training certification that enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Do you need a great position, where you feel welcomed and supported?
Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for a outstanding Security Guards, to work part-time weekends or on-call as needed, and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Provides for the security and safety of all residents and employees and property of The Ohio Masonic Home.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs foot and mobile patrols of all OMH buildings and grounds and takes such actions as are necessary to ensure a safe and secure environment for all residents, employees and visitors and to prevent loss or injury.
- Reports any physical or mechanical deficiencies with regard to fire/safety to Security Supervisor or Manager.
- Secures and locks all designated areas at designated times.
- Conducts monthly assigned fire inspections for hazards and equipment defects and submits written report to Security Supervisor or Manager.
- Inspects for proper vehicle parking registration, and safe operation of all vehicles on OMH grounds.
- Maintains complete knowledge of fire and other emergency procedures, fire alarm systems, severe weather alert systems, and any other warning system in use at OMH grounds.
- Completes Daily Activity Report or Log.
- Inspects cleanliness and fluid levels of security vehicle at the beginning of each shift; adds fluids as necessary; takes vehicle to wash every other week.
- Restricts access of any member of the news media to Springfield campus until authorization has been received from CEO or OMH Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Operates radio and other OMH communications equipment in accordance with OMH and FCC regulations.
- Maintains proper uniform appearance as prescribed by administrative policy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OPOTA training or equivalent Private Security Training or EMT/fire training experience.
Must have valid Ohio Drivers License and insurable by OMH policy.
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those who qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative medications covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and a $5,000 tuition assistance program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
A background check, physical and drug screen are required so we can find the very best to join our team.