Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Do you want to bring your compassion & skills to a wonderful community?
Then Western Reserve Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Western Reserve Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for a Resource Center Liaison for the northeast Ohio region, and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
The Resource Center Liaison’s primary function is to act as a resource to provide information that allows for the successful aging of older adults. This person will be involved in decision-making for programming including prioritization and implementation. This individual is the principle motivating force in efforts to facilitate the successful aging of clients through providing clinical, financial and social resources addressing their individual needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Listen and evaluate each resident and/or community client according to background, interests, abilities, and clinical, financial and social needs, either telephonically or in-person
- Act as a partner in the aging process by answering all aging related questions: sharing information, and connecting clients to resources and services as needed
- Refer Masons to their respective Masonic lodges, provide information on available community resources, and promote services
- Visit Masonic Lodges and other bodies in designated districts and across the state of Ohio, doing presentations that promote awareness of the benefits OMH provides to the fraternal membership and the community at large
- Bring forward OMH Emergency Financial Assistance requests as outlined by policy, as well as off-site assistance requests and follow up with recommendations on GLCF requests
- Form relationships with community social service organizations to gain knowledge of available resources, and also, community needs
- Act as an advocate and a resource to clients’ and their families, as needs arise
- Establish a schedule of visits or calls with each client, per the client’s desired plan if applicable, or as necessary in all other situations
- Track participation of clients and document activities in MatrixCare and track referrals in RC database
- Provide ongoing communication, recognition and motivation with clients regarding the importance and potential of the dynamics of successful aging
- Ensure proper and timely administration, documentation and feedback to the OMHRC Director for reporting and trend analysis
- Represent OMH at all community and organizational events within the community at large, as deemed appropriate
- Coordinate and assist, when necessary, with the sales and marketing teams and all other OMH departments in coordinating services for residents and clients
- Maintain confidentiality of client information at all times and only share when appropriate (HIPAA)
- Help to provide an environment that promotes successful aging
- Be familiar with and able to promote all OMH services
- Assist with programs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Gerontology or related field strongly preferred
Experience working with older adults required
Experience in social services or related background required
Demonstrable outstanding customer service experience required
Experience designing and implementing programs preferred
Certifications- Licenses- Registrations:
Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable.
Other skills and abilities:
Be proficient in MS Office. Ability to travel within assigned geographic territory.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The Ohio Masonic Home offers a full complement of benefits for those that qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a matching contribution, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance benefits and a generous $5,000 education assistance program, among others.
We look forward to hearing from you, TODAY!