Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a growing organization that provides a supportive environment and offers great benefits?
Then Western Reserve Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you! We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age respectfully. Come join us on our journey!
Western Reserve Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an outstanding RN and it could be YOU!
So what would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill, injured, convalescent, and disabled residents as assigned. Follows Ohio State health laws and nursing home standards and policies. Provides loving and compassionate care to each and every resident.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assigns duties to nursing assistants and evaluates progress
- Provides exceptional care to all residents
- Evaluates job performance of subordinate nursing personnel
- Takes and records patients’ vital signs,. dresses wounds, gives enemas, douches, alcohol rubs, and massages, and starts and monitors IV’s
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, and documents in medical administration chart
- Assembles and uses such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen supplier
- Collects samples, such as urine, and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples
- Assesses the dietary needs of the residents.
- Records food and fluid intake and output
- Monitors and records assessment of residents’ physical, emotional, and mental conditions
- Bathes, dresses, and assists patients in walking and turning
- Answers patients’ calls
- Inventories and requisitions supplies
- Observes residents and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to supervisor
- Attends in-services and nurses meeting as required
- Notifies appropriate physician of problems and needs of residents
- Assists family members if needed
- Notifies family of condition changes when necessary
- Works and communicates with interdisciplinary team
- Works with MDS+ staff to assist in keeping care plans current
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree in Nursing (A. A.), or three year diploma program, or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
CERTIFICATES – LICENSES – REGISTRATIONS:
Must be Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those who qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and an outstanding $5,000 tuition reimbursement program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from YOU today!