Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Does your flexible life want and NEED a flexible schedule?
Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process.
Please bring your talents and caring and join our community. We are looking for an outstanding RN or LPN, to work varied shifts and it could be YOU!
What would your job entail?
SUMMARY: Follows Ohio State Health laws and nursing home standards and policies. Provides prescribed medical treatment and exceptional personal care services to ill, injured, convalescent, and disabled persons as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assigns Nursing Assistants duties and evaluates progress
- Evaluates job performance of subordinate nursing personnel.
- Scheduling for coverage of nursing services d/t absences.
- Contributes and coordinates with DON or designee for shift routine and observation of delivery of care on SNF/ AL
- Acts as a resource person for shift staff & administration staff– go to person.
- Handles employee injuries & paperwork to HR and DON
- Assists with random drug screens.
- Takes and records patients’ vital signs. Dresses wounds, gives enemas, douches, alcohol rubs, and massages
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, and documents in medication administration records
- Assembles and uses such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen suppliers
- Collects samples, such as urine, and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples
- Examines food trays for prescribed diet and feeds patients
- Records food and fluid intake and output
- Bathes, dresses, and assists patients in walking and turning
- Answers patients’ calls
- Inventories and requisitions supplies
- Attends in-services and nurses meetings as required, leads shift meetings as needed
- Assists family members as needed; notifies families of condition changes when necessary
- Notifies appropriate physician of problems and needs of residents.
- Maintains good communication with other departments
- Assists with primary care as assigned
- Works and communicates with interdisciplinary team
- Works with MDS+ staff in keeping care plans current
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must have graduated from accredited school of Practical Nursing
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have a current LPN license or RN license from the Ohio Board of Nursing and a pharmacology card from either N.A.P.N.E.S. or O.O.P.N.E.S. or an O.B.N. card.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you today!