Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives?
Are you a licensed Social Worker who wants to find a place where you and your skills are valued?
Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
We are committed to partnering with our residents to allow them to age how they want and where they want. Come join us on our journey!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for a compassionate Social Worker, and it could be YOU!
SUMMARY: To enhance the general well-being of the residents by:
Addressing psyosocial needs of residents. Advocating and educating residents and employees of the Residents’ Bill of Rights. Acting as a liaison between families, residents, and employees for complaints, concerns, requests, and information
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Visits residents and provides counseling for well being
- Investigates complaints initiated by residents, family, staff, or advocacy/regulatory agencies
- Assists residents with adjustment period
- Assists with Level of Care moves
- Counsels residents for crisis intervention
- Provides and maintains resident advance directives
- Coordinates and attends resident care plan meetings and functions as a contributing member
- Prepares and maintains Social Services documentation
- Conducts resident groups per specific, identified topics/needs
- Assists with annual in-service on resident rights, abuse, neglect, misappropriation, and exploitation
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the organization and all federal and state laws regarding the privacy of protected health information.
- Administering cognitive and depression screenings.
- Assists with Resident Council
- Advocates and informs residents and family members of Bill of Rights
- Makes referrals to physician for psych services as needed
- Assists families in knowing about bed hold status
- Tracks ancillary services as needed by residents
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors of Social Work (B. S. W.) or equivalent; plus one to two years related experience with geriatric population
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have valid license from State of Ohio Counselor and Social Worker Board
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those who qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and an outstanding $5,000 tuition reimbursement program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We look forward to hearing from you TODAY!