Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Do you want to earn a SIGN ON BONUS for accepting a position with an employer that values YOU?
Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an outstanding STNA, and it could be YOU!
What would your job entail?
SUMMARY: To provide for the physical and emotional well-being of SMC residents in a caring manner, and to document same in accordance with Ohio state law and nursing home standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs personal care tasks for residents
- Personal grooming (hair, shave, nails, mouth, etc.) maintains hearing aids and glasses
- Positioning and proper skin care
- Assist with elimination
- Assist with proper dress
- Feeding when necessary
- Passes fresh water and nourishment
- Observes and records resident condition information
- Vital signs
- Weights and measurements
- Signs of decubiti
- General resident well being
- Diet Charts
- Elimination records
- Transfers and/or lifts residents
- Ambulation and walking
- General resident transfer, using proper assistive devices and body mechanics
- To appointments
- Ensures proper use of restraints when ordered
- Communicates with residents and other staff
- Practice reality orientation techniques
- Personal interaction with residents
- Notify nurse in charge and other staff of resident condition
- Fill out flow sheets, diet charts, bowel movement list, vital signs, intake, output worksheet
- Maintains resident room
- Change resident bed linen.
- Keep resident personal belongings in place.
- Keeps resident room neat and tidy.
- Maintains safe resident room environment
- Keep signal cords within reach
- Remove hazardous items
- Enforce no smoking rules
- Immediately clean spills
- Maintains proper infection control technique
- Regular hand washing
- Proper linen handling
- Carries out standard precautions
- Complies with all aspects of Resident Rights
- Attends in-services as required
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the organization and all federal and state laws regarding the privacy of protected health information.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must be State Tested or State Test Eligible Nurse Assistant
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative medications covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and a $5,000 tuition reimbursement program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
A background check, physical and drug screen are required so we can find the very best to join our team!
We look forward to hearing from you today!