Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Do you want to work for a not for profit company where YOU matter?
Then Western Reserve Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
Western Reserve Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for caring and compassionate STNAs, to work full time or part time on all shifts, and it could be YOU!
What would your job entail?
SUMMARY: To provide for the physical and emotional well-being of WRMC residents and to document same in accordance with Ohio state law and nursing home standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs personal care tasks for residents, while providing exceptional customer service
- Personal grooming (hair, shave, nails, mouth, etc.) maintains hearing aids and glasses
- Positioning and proper skin care
- Assist with elimination
- Assist with proper dress
- Feeding when necessary
- Passes fresh water and nourishment
- Observes and records resident condition information
- Vital signs
- Weights and measurements
- Signs of decubiti
- General resident well being
- Diet Charts
- Elimination records
- Transfers and/or lifts residents
- Ambulation and walking
- General resident transfer, using proper assistive devices and body mechanics
- Ensures proper use of restraints when ordered
- Communicates with residents and other staff
- Practice reality orientation techniques
- Personal interaction with residents
- Notify nurse in charge and other staff of resident condition
- Fill out flow sheets, diet charts, bowel movement list, vital signs, intake and output worksheet
- Maintains resident room
- Change resident bed linen/towels and keep adequate stock in room
- Keep resident personal belongings in place
- Maintains safe resident room environment
- Keep signal cords within reach
- Remove hazardous items
- Enforce no smoking rules
- Immediately clean spills
- Maintains proper infection control technique
- Regular hand washing
- Proper linen handling
- Carries out universal precautions
- Complies with all aspects of Resident Rights
- Attends monthly in-services
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those who qualify, including rich medical, dental and vision insurance with many preventative meds covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and an outstanding tuition assistance program, among others!
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
OMH requires a drug screen, background check and physical, to ensure we hire only the best!
We look forward to hearing from you today!